Floating has been explored since the 60's, and has been proven to be incredibly therapeutic for the physical body and provides an ideal environment for tapping into the depths of the mind and consciousness.
The floatation tanks are 7 FT by 4 FT filled with 10 inches of water and 800 lbs of Epsom salt and are maintained at a temperature of 93.5-95 degrees.
The environment combined with the salt water will naturally reduce stress, lower your blood pressure and heart rate, relax muscles, and detoxify your body.
The floatation tanks eliminate light, sound, gravity, and temperature. Giving you total freedom to let go of the day to day and enhance your creativity, deepen meditation, explore your consciousness or manifest health and healing.
Inventor of the sensory deprivation tanks, John Lilly, speaks of some of his experiences in the book "Tanks for the Memories: Floatation Tank Talks"
"All the average person has to do is to get into the tank in the darkness and silence and float around until he realizes he is programming everything that is happening inside his head. Your are free of the physical world at that point and anything can happen inside your head because everything is governed by the laws of thought rather than the laws of the external world. So you can go to the limits of your conceptions. When you are floating in the tank your are certain of the reality of what you are experiencing."
Check out these links for more info on floating:
The Effects of Floating
Following is a short list of some of the effects, which have been reported by researchers and/or users:
- Promotes total calm & peaceful relaxation; eliminates fatigue and jet lag; improves sleep; alleviates stress (mental and physical); energizes, rejuvenates and revitalizes.
- Stimulates left/right brain synchronization; shifts brain waves from Beta to lower frequency Alpha, Theta and even Delta; creates mental clarity, alertness; increases creativity, problem solving; heightens visualization; deepens meditation; expands awareness, intensifies acuteness of all the senses, accelerates learning.
- Enhances hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis; increases motivation, diminishes depression, anxiety and fear; facilitates freedom from habits, phobias and addictions.
- Improves athletic performance and helps prevent sports injuries, speeds healing process.
- Decreases the production of Cortisol, ACTH, Lactic Acid and Adrenaline; increases production of endorphins; quickens rehabilitation and recovery; relieves pain - arthritis, migraines, injuries etc.; boosts immune function.
- Improves circulation and distribution of oxygen and nutrients; reduces blood pressure, pulse, heart rate and oxygen consumption.